After an Emergency
Review your Business Continuity Plan
Look at your Business Continuity Plan for the requirements that you may need to help your organisation to recover quickly. For example:
- moving to another location;
- alternative suppliers;
- extra staff.
It is important to meet with all personnel and managers that were involved in the management of the major incident to debrief on the disruption and look at what could be improved, such as:
- communications : both internally with your staff and externally with customers and stakeholders;
- resilience of the organisation;
- to review your Business Continuity Plan;
- to review your insurance arrangements;
- to assess the clean-up procedures;
- to resolve any administrative issues.
Incorporate your lessons learned into your Business Continuity Plan. If you have not got a plan, consider developing one with these lessons.