Reporting an Emergency
Call 999 if …
- There is a danger to life or risk of injury being caused, such as a serious road accident or assault;
- A crime is in progress, such as a robbery, burglary or theft, and the offender is still on the scene or has ;only just left the area;
- The immediate attendance of the emergency services is necessary, such as where someone is acting suspiciously and obviously about to commit a crime or people are trapped in a car or house fire.
To contact the emergency services in a non-emergency situation or for general enquiries
Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service - 0151 296 4000.
North West Ambulance Service - 0345 113 0999.
For other emergencies:
Animals in distress : RSPCA
- Liverpool Branch - 0151 486 1706
- Halewood Animal Centre - 0151 486 1706
- Southport, Ormskirk & District Branch - 01704 567624
- Warrington, Halton & St Helens Branch - 01925 632944
- Wirral & Chester Branch - 0151 638 6318
Counter Terrorism advice : Anti-Terrorism Hotline - 0800 789 321 / National Counter Terrorism Security Office - 0207 931 7142
Report a crime : Crimestoppers - 0800 555 111
- Report a leak in the road or public footpath : United Utilities - 0800 330 033
- Blocked drains or sewerage water leak : United Utilities - 0345 672 3723
Gas Leak : Cadent - 0800 111 999
Medical Advice (when its less urgent than 999) : NHS Choices – 111
Power Cut :
- National phone line in the event of a power cut - 105
- SP Energy Networks - From a landline 0800 001 5400
- Electricity North West - 0800 195 4141
Road or pavement problems, eg. potholes, obstructions :
- Knowsley Council - 0151 489 6000
- Liverpool City Council - 0151 233 3000
- Sefton Council - 0345 140 0845
- St Helens Council - 01744 676789
- Wirral Council - 0151 606 2000
British Red Cross provides advice on how to prepare for emergencies.
British Red Cross Emergency App advises of emergencies in your area and contains a range of general advice.
citizenAID App provides advice for actions and first aid in the event of an incident with multiple casualties.