Protecting your Business
What you can do before, during and after an emergency
Emergencies can happen anywhere at any time. Even a small disruption such as a power cut can affect normal operation of an organisation. Risks could be from an external source (eg. power outage, severe weather, flooding) or from within an organisation (eg. system failure, loss of key staff).
If you own or are responsible for a business or organisation, have you considered the impacts from internal and external emergencies? How would your organisation cope with:
- a sudden and significant reduction in staff?
- denial of access to a site or geographical area?
- unexpected loss of mains electricity?
- a temporary disruption to gas supplies?
- a disruption to the supply of mains water and sewerage?
- significant disruption to transport?
- disruption to the availability of oil and fuel?
- a loss of telecommunications?
- a loss of, or disruption to, your computer systems?
- a disruption which affects your key suppliers or partners?
Does your organisation have adequate business continuity measures in place?
Follow the links below to learn how you can get your business prepared for an emergency.